What is a project management framework? Basically, it is a combination of processes, tasks, and tools used to transition a project from start to finish. An overview of a generic process used by this framework is:
- Initiation: when the project starts
- Planning: when all of the key decisions are made
- Execution: when project work actually takes place
- Control: when adjustments are made to the plan
- Monitoring: when project progress is checked
- Termination: when the project comes to an end
Each stage of this process involves the completion of many tasks by project team members using various tools. The generic process just described is a project’s lifecycle from initiation to termination, which is one part of the framework.